Many people fill up their pantries with canned goods, wheat and water. My wicked awesome friend Karlie just learned how to not only can BUTTER but how to wax her cheese (no pun intended-I am hard pressed to find one, actually, but that phrase sounded odd so if you figure one out please share!!)!! She now has cheese that can sit in her basement for years and still be good! That girl amazes me!!! I’m pretty sure her next project is to can her kids in their cutest stages so they won’t grow up. If anyone notices her loading up on formaldehyde-please let the bishop know!
Sorry, I digress…
While I know that these things are all well and good, I have a few of these items myself, I think I figured out another way to be self reliant and create a food storage:
Meet KFC, Chic-Fil-A, and Buffalo Wings!
We bought these little hotties back in March when we didn’t yet know any better being head over chicken feet in love with Gaby and Chicken.
Those cute little fur balls now look like this:
They also went from a Rubbermaid tub to this:
ElRey’s cousin, Del, offered this sweet condo up for our chicks! Thanks, man! They are now living in the lap of luxury!
Aaaannnd, we will soon be adopting ANOTHER one from my pal Rikke! In a few months I can pay my Fast Offerings with eggs and if we get in a pinch, give a chicken for our Tithing!
I am sooo on to something here!!!


7 comments:
You have chickens???? Wow, you don't seem like the "raising chickens" type. I must say I'm impressed!!! We've got a farm girl!
I cant believe how they start out being so stinking cute but then they seem to get so ugly..so fast!!! lol Have you guys thought of a name for your new little ugly duckling?? How about just plain old "Chicken Dinner" or you could go a little crazy and re-name her with an Asian (Panda Express) flair and call her "Orange Chicken"...or "Sesame Chicken"....LOL MmmmMmmm..My mouth is watering already! lol Lucky you..I deliver!! Infact will be delivering her to you about 11:00 or so on thursday if its still okay! lol
They are cute. And I'm not even scared of them from the picture :)
I'm glad you finally decided on some names...they don't make me hungry or anything...mmm...kfc...:)
funny! You crack me up!
oh, I have been known to say " That really waxes my cheese" when I get mad or frustrated
How about General Tso?
Post a Comment