I am a Yellow.
Anyone who knows me would read that statement and say, “ummm…duh!”
I feel like I was getting some grasp of it the past few years until recently. Now all I think about is what will entertain me the most. Obviously, house work is not on that list. I have a couple of friends who call housework their ‘hobby’. It makes me want to vomit. I am pretty sure there is something wrong with them. I am still like my 8 year old, whining at the expectation of cleaning up after myself and everyone else.
Somewhere along the way I have lost any balance of Blue, Red(there wasn’t much there to begin with!!) and White and now the clown in me is completely taking over. I don’t think it helps that I am coming back from an injury that has left me inactive for weeks (man, I miss my endorphins!!)and having post-graduation depression (what do I do now??) and probably a bit(a bit?? Really??) of ADD thrown in for fun. The biggest chore I seem to be capable of handling is picking out the next movie to watch, what I should do on my wicked cool laptop or picking up the 900 page book we’re reading for book club (David Copperfield).
I gotta lie down just thinking about that To Do List.
I want to be the primo entertainer but I seem to have nothing on that front. I think my mojo really is broken! Anyone know a good mojo doctor?? Do you have any idea what it is like for a “Yellow” to have broken their laugh maker box?? You may as well call in Dr. Kevorkian at that point!
So here I am, hiding in my house doing the occasional load of laundry or dishes trying to come up with a good joke or wondering when it’s okay to start watching something on my beloved Netflix.
Not exactly how I saw the end of school being for me, but there it is.
I feel like I need to reboot my system and I really don’t know how! I felt like I was trying to before the stupid little accident and now I can’t remember how to do it or something. I kinda thought the accident was my reboot in a weird back handed kind of way. I saw it as my Heavenly Father saying to me, “You want something to cry about? I’ll give you something to cry about!” And I mean that with no disrespect. I mean He just gave me something to really think about. Something relevant. And I’m thinking there is something to learn from all this and I just can’t seem to get it! I just want to do what I want to do and everything else gets in the way!
Seriously! Am I 10??
I wonder if it’s safe for me to have the keys to the car and a debit card… I may end up in Tahiti with ElRey wondering who is going to pick the kids up from school!
I’ll pick you up on the way if you promise not to tell….
So here’s where you guys, my blogger buddies, come in handy. First, I want to know your color personality, if you know it. How do you keep yourself balanced? And how can I reboot my system without running away from my life in search of the next Fun Bus out of here. I’m sick of being in this limbotic (I totally made that word up) state and it may take a freaking miracle to get me out! I’m talking about a shirtless Bob Harper intervention kind of miracle, people!
I know the only person that can make things better in my freakishly big head (I mean literal size, not ego…though it may apply) is me but I just can’t seem to really grasp that for some reason. Maybe my “On” button malfunctioned. Anyone know how to fix it? Or better yet want to fix it for me?? I got a bunch of movies in my Instant View list I gotta catch up on. So just let me know when you got it working again. Thanks a bunch! :)


12 comments:
Hmm, I have no idea what color my personality is. I should take the test and find out.
I am so with you on not wanting to do housework etc. I absolutely hate it too. If you figure anything out, let me know...xoxo
I took the test, and it told me I was blue. But it doesn't sound like me too much. In fact, none of those choices sound like me. (I guess I'm that weird)
As for your question: I try and find something that is challenging and rewarding for me that I can do while still fulfilling my responsibilities. I don't sit down and map out a plan per se, but I just get an idea in my head and run with it. Like the other month I was thinking how it would be nice to be able to cook (and not burn things!) I have been cooking, searching blogs for hints and recipes, and that has been my focus. Previously, I have learned to knit, scrapbook, do pilates, organize various parts of my house (yes, that's fun for me) etc.
You might want to try the enneagram test. Do a search and you'll probably find a free one. It was much more comprehensive, and the answers I got were right on- some stuff was hard to hear! :)
I am like 75% blue, according to the color code test. I am someone who is supposed to be orgnized and on top of my game. I definitely have the emotional part down, and maybe the compassion for others, but I could use some lessons in organization and achieving daily goals. Maybe I need to retest. I haven't taken that test for about 10 years. Things change.
I'm sorry that I don't have a lot of great wisdom to get you out of your slump. I feel like I'm in one too. Motherhood is hard, emotional, demanding, minotinous at times, and draining. Sometimes I wonder why I wonder I'm tired all the time and don't want to do anything. If you solve your problem, let me know. Otherwise, rest assured that you're not the only one who feels this way. :) The End.
I'm mostly blue with a little white. NO yellow! I think that this is the reason I married Chuck. He is a yellow. Unfortunately, I married him because he is a yellow and now it is driving me crazy that he wants to play all the time!! I despise RED people! They drive me nuts. My older sister is a RED and we never got along too well. But, in the classroom I think I'm a red. SO, situations do change things!
I'm white and blue. My one red came along after I had kids. (I was almost all white when I was a teenager)
I have had way to many days of laying around not get anything done, digging deeper into my rut. It only gets worse if you can't get out of it. To get out of it The first thing I do is "study" scriptures. The reading part is easy; but to ponder and pray..I don't know why that is soo hard for me. But when I start slackin on that, everything else goes down hill. So that's usually where I start to fix my rut.
I'm glad I looked again at your blog and saw JRiggles comment. Scripture STYDY is something I have tried to focus on more!
I have no idea what color I am... I will have to take the test... Have lots of free time now just lying around the hospital... Which by the way you should come see me that could bring some fun to your life :)
I think just letting go and noticing the little good things is a great first step... And then from there I just hope it comes back
I am like 95% yellow too. Interesting. I wonder what percentage of bloggers are yellow??
Well I always thought I was like white but now you got me wondering?
I left ya something on my blog :)
Endure to the end!! It seems like it would be way hard switching from the push and structure of school to the freedom/chaos of home-life (or no-life as I call it). You go from stimulating your mind and growing yourself then back to being the one responisble for everyone else's stimulation! It is good you have a few days till all the kids are out of school! Yellows are not fond of goals and structure, but honey, you seem to be craving it a bit? Maybe that is why you don't feel yourself because you need to do something spontaneous and crazy (like streak during sunday school). At least act out the talking donkey story w/Elrey, just sayin'...
You should see how close you can get to Tahiti with your debit card. I'll watch your kids while you are gone...
Just don't give up trying to find the missing mojo!!! It's in there.
I relate to a lot of what you wrote and kept thinking "Whew! It isn't just ME!"
I am weird. My personality has changed a bit over the years- at least according to the color test. In my college years, I was a red-blue (about equal) with my lowest color being yellow.
Now that I'm married to a sweet and solid white who takes care of us, I have become much more yellow. Less blue.
I have a hard time managing my time when I don't have external structure imposed on me (like school or a job). You're probably going through a bit of routine withdrawl in addition to everything else. And then there's the stress of graduation and realizing you've now got to DO something with that education and being afraid to tackle the next hurdle.
Take some time to recover. If you need any help figuring out how to turn the degree into something more, let me know. I'm the queen of networking and I'm happy to share my not-so-secrets.
I'm a "recovered" yellow, leaning toward my more adult responsible, blue qualities in my old age most of the time. Makes for a somewhat green life, but that's ok, right? My very hardest thing is beginning. If I can get over that hurdle, I usually succeed at the one item that constitutes my "to do" list. If I give myself more than one item, I'm overwhelmed and I resort to your escape list, looking for a low-demand, self-serving entertainment rush. I have to confess that I parent myself too. I make my list of one thing, then tell myself that after I do it, I can have a treat! I hold my own hand and ease toward the item, squeeze my eyes tight shut and MAKE myself start. Once I do begin I hate to be interrupted. Does that sound like a bonafied ADD individual? You bet your one item! Try making your to-do list one thing long.
Post a Comment